- Well located commercial real estate projects primarily on the West Coast. The objective of this type of investment is to hold the asset for 7 to 10+ years, maximizing current cash flow and investor distributions, as well as long term appreciation.
- Commercial real estate projects experiencing some sort of distress. The objective is to locate properties that require some sort of recapitalization and/or a repositioning strategy. Edgewood will aggressively manage these types of investments, the ultimate goal of which is to add sufficient value such that the properties over time convert to stable, well performing projects.
- First mortgage loans collateralized by office and shopping center projects where the underlying real estate project has failed to perform as expected. This type of investment requires a very hands-on approach to either work with the borrower to devise a plan to bring the loan back to current, performing status or to ultimately pursue fee title.
- Edgewood partners with individuals, trust companies, family offices, and institutional investors that share our approach and strategy.
- We also have strong, long-term relationships with both national and local lenders which is a competitive advantage in closing deals quickly, and at attractive rates and terms.
We prefer well located commercial real estate properties to which we can add value. Edgewood seeks to purchase office buildings and shopping centers in good markets with positive intrinsic characteristics.
Markets with Strong Fundamentals
Edgewood invests in submarkets with stable or improving fundamentals. We target areas with attractive density, educational, income, and quality of life attributes. These strong market fundamentals drive positive real estate returns when combined with high barriers to entry.
Reputation for Integrity and Ability to Execute
The real estate investment, management and brokerage community in California is a relatively small and tight-knit group. Mr. Kutzer and Mr. McNulty possess a combined 50 years of real estate experience in California through several market cycles, and are well known and respected by many of the senior leaders of the most prominent real estate firms in the state. Edgewood benefits from this hard earned reputation for integrity and ability to execute on schedule.
Proactive Pursuit of Investment Opportunities
In addition to reacting quickly to investment opportunities as they become available, Edgewood proactively seeks out potential investments not on the market. Our ability to execute quickly and confidentially is appealing to many sellers.